Following the appointment of James Blaney as Head Coach, Blackrock College RFC is seeking to appoint an Assistant Coach specializing in Backs/Attacking play for its AIL 1st XV team.
Over the last number of years Blackrock College RFC has developed some of the best facilities and support structures in Irish club rugby and this is an exciting opportunity to stamp your mark on a club with a proud rugby history.
Reporting to the Head Coach, the successful applicant will work, in conjunction with the Director of Rugby and other team management, to create processes, training plans and an environment that will enable players to succeed on and off the field.
- To lead the back/attack play agenda for the Premier squad and ensure alignment with the U20’s.
-To configure and implement in association with the Head Coach:
-Backline attacking structure and plays.
-Backline defensive structure.
- To assist in the rugby content planning for the season in the areas of back play.
- Work with the recruitment group to identify and evaluate potential new players (Both Senior and High Potential Under 20’s)
- Assist the Head Coach in the implementation of the Individual and Positional Skills program for backs, with a focus on overall squad handling skills and ball play.
- Preparation and presentation of the team and opposition back play analysis as required by the Head Coach.
- Preparation of game plan tactics in association with the Head Coach.
- Conduct regular player performance feedback sessions for the backs.
- Complete backs individual reports as requested by the Head Coach.
- Monitor record and track available back talent within the club.
- To attend all meetings as required by the Head Coach.
- To contribute positively to the Team environment and culture.
- Technical Knowledge
- Player Management
- Planning and communication skills
- Commitment and enthusiasm
- Previous All Ireland League Coaching experience a distinct advantage
Please forward CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: Friday May 3rd
Unfortunately, due to the expected high number of applications Blackrock College RFC will only be able to respond to successful applicants.