Mental Wellness Initiatives
From the Leinster Rugby Mental Wellness Initiatives
It is more important than ever to take care of your mental health. To help clubs mind their members, the Leinster Rugby Covid Sub-Committee has put together the following information, your club and members may find useful.
To stay connected, members can be encouraged to set up their own Zoom groups, by age group or team.
While we cannot train as a team, does not mean we can’t stay fit and ready for when training resumes:
• Be active at home workout sessions, run by Fingal Co. Co. Sports Office
• Relaxation and Mindfulness
• Livestreams and Virtual Concerts - Billboard livestream music sessions
• Sport and Youth Mental Health
• IRFU supports physical and mental health
The IRFU have partnered with Jigsaw, the National Centre for Youth Mental Health, to promote a mental health education programme for coaches and volunteers working with age-grade players – One Good Coach
• Men’s Shed
• Legal Aid
There may be assistance needed for members of the community requiring legal support on family law matters and the Legal Aid Board have a great range of services available. Click this link here for more detail.
Legal Aid Board COVID 19 Assistance.
• Minding your mental health, HSE advice
• Full List: Mental Health supports and services during coronavirus - HSE.ie
• Text HELLO to 50808, anytime day or night; 50808 - Text About It (www.text50808.ie)
• Barnardo’s Telephone support for parents - Freephone 1800 910 123 (10am to 2pm Mon to Fri)
• Barnardo’s also provide a children's bereavement helpline service 01 473 2110 (10am to 12pm Mon to Thu)
• www.connectcounselling.ie 1800 477 477 Monday to Sunday from 6.00 pm to 10.00 pm.
• Samaritans - Freephone 116 123 every day 24 hours a day
• Pieta House – Freephone 1800 247 247; Text HELP to 51444; www.pieta.ie
• Aware - Freephone 1800 80 48 48 (10am to 10pm every day); www.aware.ie
• Irish Hospice Foundation (bereavement support line) - Phone 1800 807 077 Monday to Friday from 10am to 1pm; www.hospicefoundation.ie
• LGBT Ireland 1890 929 539 every day; www.lgbt.ie
• Mental Health Ireland - 01 284 1166 (9am to 5pm Monday to Friday); www.mentalhealthireland.ie
• Grow Mental Health Recovery – www.grow.ie; 1890 474 474